Fresco's Ethical Business Policy Statement
Fresco is committed to upholding international human rights laws, policies, and regulations as well as ensuring its business undertakings are conducted ethically. As a member of the international business community, we understand the important role we play in reinforcing these laws, through ethical and informed procurement, hiring and other commercial activities.
This is an area of growing importance to our employees, workers, customers, and communities. There is both a business and a moral case for ensuring that human rights and ethical business practices are upheld across our operations and our value chain. This Policy Statement contains over-arching principles which we embed into our policies and systems.
In line with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, we base our human rights policy commitment on the International Bill of Human Rights (consisting of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights) and the principles concerning fundamental rights set out in the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work. We are committed to respecting all human rights as relevant to our operations.
In particular, Fresco:
- undertakes to avoid causing or contributing to adverse human rights impacts through its own activities, and address such impacts when they occur
- seek to prevent or mitigate adverse human rights impacts that are directly, related to its operations, products, or services through their business relationships.
In our business dealings we expect our partners to adhere to business principles consistent with our own. We prohibit discrimination, forced, trafficked and child labour and are committed to safe and healthy working conditions and the dignity of the individual. Also, the right to freedom of association and collective bargaining and effective information and consultation procedures.
We are committed to conducting business with integrity, including, safety and fair dealing, respect toward the consumer. anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices.
We understand that ethical business due diligence is an ongoing process that requires particular attention at certain stages in our business activities, such as when we form new partnerships or our operating conditions change, as these changes may create new potential or actual impacts.
As a small business, we will continue to apportion due consideration to all human rights and business ethics matters moving forward.
Fresco encourages all of its stakeholders (employees, customers, local community) to report any and all human rights concerns relating to our commercial activities by calling, emailing or submitting a form on our website.
We endeavour to exceed the expectations of all stakeholders through adherence to legislation, and best practice guidelines in business administration. This is examined below in two categories of activities: Compliance and Proactiveness.
Fresco Cheese will:
- Inform itself of all relevant laws and regulations
- Respect and uphold these law and regulations
- Honour its internal policies
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
- Conduct business with integrity promoting:
o Safety and fair dealing
o Respect toward the consumer
o Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
We achieve these things through stringent internal quality safety controls as well as striving for a culture of vigilance and accountability. We regularly review our compliance with legislation and regulations relating to our employees, customers, quality systems and other stakeholders. In this way, we have been able to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace, protect the health and safety of customers and employees and reduce our impact on the environment. Fresco does not tolerate unethical business practices, in particular bribery or corruption.
To support our compliance with the law, Fresco also does the following to go above and beyond.
- Wherever possible and commercially viable, Fresco endeavours to engage local suppliers of goods and services. We always pay suppliers in full and on-time for work completed to specification.
- Developing partnerships with local Australian businesses to strengthen ties in the community.
- Ensuring it uses reputable and legally compliant suppliers.
- Fresco is committed to reducing its impact on the environment and has developed an internal environment policy to instil a culture of awareness and harm reduction. This includes but is not limited to actions such as recycling, reducing waste, and reducing energy use.
- Looking after customers by providing excellent customer service, above and beyond what is expected.
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement, by regularly reviewing our progress, investing in research and development, and listening to our stakeholders’ suggestions.