Time: 30 mins
Perfect for: Snack, Side-dish or on its own
Fresco Products: Fresco Paneer
Asian Fusion Done Right! This Indo-Chinese favourite combines creamy Indian-style paneer cheese with a sweet and spicy Manchurian sauce. Paneer is a creamy, mild cheese that compliments the spiciness and tanginess of Asian flavours in the Manchurian sauce perfectly. This dish is a dry version involving pan-frying rather than deep frying for a healthier meal overall. Serve as a starter when entertaining or as a side dish to your favourite Indian meal.
- 600g of Fresco Paneer
- 1½ tsp chilli powder
- 1½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp corn starch (or plain flour)
- 3 tbsp olive or canola oil
- Cut your Fresco Paneer into 2.5cm cubes and place into a mixing bowl
- Add chilli powder, black pepper, salt and corn starch
- Mix until the paneer is evenly coated
- Heat oil in a frying pan until shimmering hot
- Place cubes into the pan and fry until a golden brown crust appears on the outside. Don’t leave them in too long or it
- will dry out the cheese.
- Serve onto some paper towel to absorb some of the oil
- Add the diced white onion, capsicum, giner, garlic and chilli into a saucepan (the same one the paneer was fried in is fine) and sautee over medium heat until the capsicum is halfway cooked
- Add soy sauce, black pepper, chilli powder, sugar and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- You should have leftover corn starch and spice mix in the bowl the paneer was coated in. Add 1/3 a cup of water to this leftover mixture and stir.
- Add this starch and water mixture to the pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until thickened
- Add the paneer cubes and stir through until all of them are evenly coated in the manchurian sauce
- Add a teaspoon of rice wine vinegar