Take your salad game to the next level and whip up this summery appetizer in a pinch. This summery favourite will blow you away with how simple it is to make. Putting cheese in salad is an underrated combination – but adding fruit as well just tops it off… trust us. The creamy Fresco mozzarella pairs excellently with the peppery crunch of rocket. Meanwhile, adding sliced peaches creates an incredible contrast in flavours, adding sweetness and tartness that gives this salad its summery flair. Dressed with balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper – it is ready in a pinch and makes a superb appetiser. Presenting – the peach insalata caprese salad.
- 2 ripe Australian peaches
- 180g of Fresco Fresh Mozzarella or Bocconcini
- 200g of rocket or your favourite leafy green
- 50g of prosciutto
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Rinse your leafy greens with fresh water and place in a shallow slalad dish
- Slice your 2 ripe peaches into thin wedges and place into the dish
- (Optional) – lightly grill the peaches with some olive oil before putting them into the salad
- Tear your thinly sliced prosciuttio into mouth-size bites and scatter into the salad
- Slice your Fresco Mozzarella or tear apart your Fresco Bocconcini and scatter into the salad
- Dress with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and optionally some chilli flakes
- You’re done!
Made in Australia, from Australian Cow’s Milk, Fresco Bocconcini has a mild, milky flavour which makes it perfect as a base for many dishes, accentuating the taste of other ingredients.
A common use of bocconcini is in the caprese salad, a simple, traditional Italian salad featuring basil, tomato and delicious bocconcini, often seasoned with only salt and olive oil. This classic bocconcini recipe is a taste sensation made in minutes with only a few ingredients, however it’s only the start of what can be achieved with the product, as it is also perfect on pizza or stirred through pasta.
High in protein (20.8g per 100g) and low in sodium and fat compared with other cheeses, Bocconcini is incredibly healthy. Fresco bocconcini has a 5-star health rating! Because it’s so delicious and healthy, you can literally eat it right out of the tub for a high protein snack.
Fresco’s traditional Italian-style bocconcini is made by our artisan cheesemakers in our purpose-built cheese factory in Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast. Generations of cheesemaking experience go into every batch!
You can purchase Fresco Bocconcini anywhere in Australia. If you’re a restaurant or café owner (we’re looking at you, Italian restaurants) then speak to your preferred wholesaler about stocking Fresco. You can also drop us a line and we will help get you what you need. If you’re a home cook looking to make bocconcini recipes, you can find us in your local retailer – just find out here. You can also buy bocconcini directly from us at our cheese factory shop on the Gold Coast. If you are looking to buy bocconcini wholesale, you can buy cheese in bulk for us too. Simply submit a business enquiry.