Haloumi fries have never been easier to make than with Fresco’s pre-cut haloumi bites. Incredible as a snack, as a side or even on their own, these chips are the ultimate haloumi experience. To compliment the chips, we have the summery fruity flavour of pomegranate, fragrant mint and a mediteranean style, tangy yoghurt sauce. Enjoy with a beer, wine or your beverage of choice, and be sure to invite your friends around to get a taste of this crowd pleaser.
- Place 2 cups of vegetable oil into a large pot and bring to 175C* or shimmering hot
- Remove Fresco Haloumi Chips from their bag and place into the hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove chips from oil with a slotted spoon and place onto a place lined with paper towel
- Dust the chips with the garlic powder and cayenne pepper – toss them in a bowl for an even coating
- Yoghurt dressing: put 4 tablespoons of greek yoghurt into a bowl and mix in salt, pepper, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil
- Roughly chop your mint and either mix into the greek yoghurt dressing or simply garnish on top of your haloumi chips